The D-minus presidency
The Conservative back-lash against the the Bush Presidency has begun; that is a good thing.
With typicall Conservative goodwill, Let’s start with some positives of the D-minus president.
- The war in Iraq is a success and the right strategy.
- The tax cuts have increased revenue and spurred a sound economic expansion.
Two cheers for the President. Now for the negatives.
- “The new tone” is a failure. Bush’s strategy of pre-emptive surrender has merely emboldened his political enemies and demoralized his conservative base. The Conservative movement did not win Congress by ‘mis-articulating’ its core principles of limited government, economic growth and personal liberty.
- Mr. President,could you please work on completing a sentence without inserting a few dozen “um”s and “er”s?
- Mr. President, your silence on Iraq is irresponsible. Your strategy is WORKING and you don’t talk it up. Bill Kristol has more on this at the Weekly Standard
- Mr. President, your failure to refute the current “Bush Lied” narrative is irresponsible. Others (as they have been doing for 6 fricking years) are
doing your work for you. Victoria Toensing makes your case for you at Opinion Journal. It is
time for you to go on offense
- Your 5 week vacation communicated a LOT of things about you to the public.
- A core argument of the Conservative philosophy is that government should do a few things, but that the things it does do, it should do well.
- Your irresponsible and deadly appointment of Michael Brown to head FEMA. Chuck Taggart labels it criminal negligence.
- Julie Myers to head immigration? Michelle Malkin demolishes you in this post
- Social Security reform–failure
- Tax reform–failure
- Education bill without vouchers–despicable
- Border control. Mr. President, you are beyond incompetent on this issue; You are complicit. The Minute Man Project has put the lie to the argument that the border cannot be controled.
- Medicare prescription drug benefit low-balled at what 200 Billion, its up to what now?.
- Zero vetoes
- Biggest expansion of government ever
- Increased revenues from the Supply Side tax cuts and you let the Congress spend it all withouth a freak